What is a 3D product configurator?
An online 3D configurator is software that allows a user to view objects in three dimensions on the web and customize them.
The peculiarity is the possibility of choice: the options and combinations (often infinite) of materials, colors, textures, options, allow you to assemble a single object.
This possibility is interesting both for the end user and for companies.
Advantages for the company
When companies do not mass-produce but sell valuable and customizable products, the 3D configurators allow you to create objects close to your tastes on the screen. Creativity is transferred from the producer to the consumer, who has the sensation of “creating” the product. Desire takes shape, since you buy what you want more easily, showing a product facilitates the shopping experience.
Advantages for the user
The web configurator allows us to participate in the choice of the product in an interactive and fun way, almost as if it were a game (gamification).
The final product is built on personal taste and is digitally “true”: we have the feeling of buying something unique, made to measure, which we see in three dimensions with a very high definition.
The 3D configurator eliminates the perceptual distance between oneself and the physical product and increases the emotional involvement.
Quali sono i plus del configuratore Kjosul?
Creating the Kjosul 3D configurator: what steps?
The Kjosul 3D product configurator is made to measure. It comes from meetings with the customer and internal storming brains of our staff.
It answers questions like these:
- Where will the configurator be used, on web, desktop, tablet?
- Does it need to be integrated with existing platforms? ERP? E-Commerce? Business Intelligence?
- Who will use it, the internal staff, the resellers, the end customer?
- What should it output? Bill of Materials? Price quotation? Order?
During the design phases of the graphic interface, we create many documents. Charts, drafts, wireframes, concept maps, drafts, are all shared with the client.
During the construction phase we pay attention to:
- Aesthetic and functional quality
- Ease of use
- Clear and engaging interactions
- Product enhancement
- System portability on all devices.
- Three-dimensional scanning carried out through latest generation scanners;
- Alignment of scans made;
- Reduction of the number of polygons; we start but mesh from 3/5 million polygons to get to meshes of up to 40,000 polygons;
- Lightening of the three-dimensional models created to be able to view them especially through mobile devices;
- Starting from the real samples of the materials, virtualization is performed through innovative technologies in order to create procedural textures thanks to a non-destructive node based workflow, this makes the textures faster to display (PBR);
- Study and implementation of the purchase interface;
- Shopping experience design;
- Adding assets within the configurator;
- Three-dimensional asset reuse for the development of further marketing tools (AR / VR / Rendering / 3D navigable animations);